This is my first post in cucumbertown, so I chose a Indian dessert from my kitchen. Carrot Kheer is a simple kheer and its my first try on kheer which turned out fantastic. I love the colour, texture, taste... I love it. Hope you will, try it out!
Cashewnuts, Raisins and Almonds Few
- Cut the carrots (any form), cook it in a pressure cooker. Once cooked, grind it into a smooth paste.
- Take a heavy bottom vessel, set aside a cup of milk and add rest to the vessel. Bring to boil and add the sugar. Bring it to simmer until the milk has reduced and thickens a bit.
- Add the carrot and the reserved 1 cup milk to loosen the milk. Continue to stir until the content thickens.
- Add ghee to a pan, fry the cashews and rainis.
- Add the fried nuts and cardamom poweder to the Kheer. Stir well and remove from flame.
- Cool it before serving. You can top it almonds slices for an extra bite.